The Moment is Now

I spend so much time thinking about what next that I often don't notice what I am doing at the moment. I am working on relaxing my mind so I can be open to the flow. Seems like when I am creating something the hours in my studio fly by.

My creative process, great learning resources, and ways to help the planet by repurposing are the theme of this blog. You are about to enter "the world according to Jan." Hope you find it a-musing.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Full Moon Energy

I love the full moon.  For twenty years now, I have been celebrating a connection to the natural world and the power of reflection the full moon represents.  The word month comes from moon the 13 month lunar calendar is way more in touch than our current Gregorian calendar.  13 months of 28 days is 364 days.  Add a day out of time each year and you have a near perfect calendar.  According to Jose'Arguelles in his book  Time and the Technosphere: The law of time in human affairs, 
      "Time is a frequency, the frequency of synchronization. If a calendar does not increase synchronization, it is not performing its highest function....The Gregorian calendar keeps the human mind entrained in a diabolical disorder of meaningless named months of uneven measure."

By getting back in touch with the natural world and the internal clock within each of us, we can synchronize ourselves once again with nature and become more in tune with the vibrations of the cosmos.  I encourage all of you to watch the moon, feel her cycles and celebrate your connection to the Mother Earth.  I would love to read your comments about the powers of the moon in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments so thanks for taking the time to write a little something. Wishing you the best of all possible good. Jan E O