The Moment is Now

I spend so much time thinking about what next that I often don't notice what I am doing at the moment. I am working on relaxing my mind so I can be open to the flow. Seems like when I am creating something the hours in my studio fly by.

My creative process, great learning resources, and ways to help the planet by repurposing are the theme of this blog. You are about to enter "the world according to Jan." Hope you find it a-musing.

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Viking Knit Instructions

I decided I wanted to try my hand at Viking knit so I got on the web and found some instructions. Once I figured out how to fit it onto the flower I was off and running.  It really isn't too important to keep it straight while you are making it since the draw plate fixes all that.  Here is what it looked like when I finished "knitting" it.  Looks pretty scary really.  www.gailnettles.com/viking-knit/viking-knit-jewelry/


Here it has been pulled once through the draw plate.  Tightens things up and it starts to look better.

A few more times through the draw plate and it is actually starting to have promise.  Now I just needed to know how to finish it so back to the internet since I am more likely to make a finding than buy one.  The best site was the Beading Daily blog which had a nice way of finishing the chain off yourself. I found it by googling finishing viking knit.   Now I can watch TV at night and make things at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments so thanks for taking the time to write a little something. Wishing you the best of all possible good. Jan E O