The Moment is Now

I spend so much time thinking about what next that I often don't notice what I am doing at the moment. I am working on relaxing my mind so I can be open to the flow. Seems like when I am creating something the hours in my studio fly by.

My creative process, great learning resources, and ways to help the planet by repurposing are the theme of this blog. You are about to enter "the world according to Jan." Hope you find it a-musing.

Monday, March 29, 2010

Twisted Sister Arts - Incredible Wire Wrap Artist

I was cruising through Etsy to see what was out there and discovered this terrific wire wrap artist.  Her stuff is amazing and very reasonable priced considering the work.  I was hoping she did tutorials, but she is so busy making stuff (plus that day job) she can't keep up.  Check out her stuff at http://twistedsisterarts.blogspot.com

When I e-mailed her she was very responsive and seemed like a great person willing to help out others who love to create.  I have been reluctant to try bold crazy designs because I didn't want to "waste" sterling wire, but found out there is a pretty good enameled copper wire with silver coat that is viable.  Just bought some from Beadalon even though I promised myself to stop spending money on materials.  Anyway the wire is  called Artistic Wire and will let you know how I like it.  Sometimes the coating is too thin, but this is supposed to be better because they put the enamel over it. I bought a really small gauge which will be new for me also because I am used to big and bold.. 

Raining like crazy here so I am off to organize the Shiva Shop and get out some books to see what I can create today.   Hoping to transfer some of those basket weaving skills into new jewelry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments so thanks for taking the time to write a little something. Wishing you the best of all possible good. Jan E O