The Moment is Now

I spend so much time thinking about what next that I often don't notice what I am doing at the moment. I am working on relaxing my mind so I can be open to the flow. Seems like when I am creating something the hours in my studio fly by.

My creative process, great learning resources, and ways to help the planet by repurposing are the theme of this blog. You are about to enter "the world according to Jan." Hope you find it a-musing.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Hundredth Monkey Concept

After such a beautiful day in the garden yesterday, today has turned rainy and windy.  Instead of creating in the physical realm, I spent the day with my friend, Kate, exploring the avenues of the mind and the creative power of thoughts.  There is a concept called the Hundredth Monkey based upon some Japanese researchers observing monkeys washing their dirty sweet potatoes.  It seems after a critical mass of  monkeys began washing their food this behavior spread to monkeys on other islands who had not observed the behavior.

The idea is that once enough people tap into the akashic records the idea becomes commonplace.  Not explaining this very well, but seems like the patent office also sees a number of people unconnected to each other inventing the same thing within days and sometimes hours of each other.On some cosmic level, we tap into the energy levels or thoughts of others if we are on the same wavelength.    The solutions to things often come to me when I am taking a shower or a nap.  I guess I turn off the ego brain long enough to tap into the universal source of answers.  As my dear old dad used to so often say, "there is nothing new under the sun." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments so thanks for taking the time to write a little something. Wishing you the best of all possible good. Jan E O